Region: Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC
Wacor Holdings is a civil general contractor with over 25 years of experience in road building, civil works, and underground utilities. We are currently seeking an experienced surveyor with the following qualifications:
Duties & Responsibilities
- The surveyor will be responsible for surveying activities associated with a wide variety of civil works, road construction, and underground utility construction projects.
- Performs inspection of the site in consultation with the project superintendent prior to commencing work in order to identify the most suitable locations for site lines, control points, bench marks, and stakeout points thereby establishing reference locations for the foreman, superintendents, and grade men to construct the components of the project.
- Reviews and updates all drawings that relate to the survey for completeness, consistency, and feasibility of layout to ensure that all dimensions between corresponding drawings comply.
- Prepare digital files of key project coordinate points from digital drawings and download the information to surveying and layout data collectors.
- Calculates the layout of all project components using the drawings, specifications and submissions provided
- Operates and maintains surveying equipment and ensures there is a supply of all required surveying materials available.
- Prepares documentation of all surveying activities
- Provide and document all as built information where required.
Education & Qualifications
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary program related to surveying and geomatics and/or have experience in construction surveying in a variety of related disciplines, road construction, structural surveys, underground and civil works
- A minimum of 5 years of construction surveying experience is preferred
- Registration and certification as an Applied Science Technologist (AScT)
- Has the ability to use and adapt to the latest survey equipment and software
- Experience with GPS machine control
- Sound knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment used in the construction of civil infrastructure along with a basic understanding of survey methods and functions
- Ability to calculate volume measurements based on surveyed topographic information (geometric etc)
- Ability to survey in an ever-changing environment, ie.. during different phases of construction
- Ability to extract detailed information from drawings, specifications, estimates, and submissions.
- Proficiency with the various Microsoft Office applications and AUTOCAD
- Knowledge of surveying equipment and programs including RTK, Geomatics, and Robotic Total Stations (LEICA, SOKIA, TRIMBLE, TOPCON)
- Has a valid driver’s license and can provide a driver’s abstract
Wacor offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which will be commensurate with experience and education.
Wacor Holdings Ltd. has grown from a small family operation to one of the largest civil infrastructure contractors on Central Vancouver Island. Possessing a large fleet of trucks and equipment, the company has a diversified background in several construction markets. Wacor’s list of completed jobs includes roads and highways, mining, airport runway rehabilitation, infrastructure replacement, residential and commercial subdivision developments, and landfill closure projects. Wacor is currently implementing its growth strategy by hiring and investing in experienced leaders in the construction industry who share the same vision of safety, quality, and service. Wacor supports a collaborative team environment and values motivated individuals who take pride in their work. If you want to be part of an energetic, exciting team of professionals, and want to work in an environment where hard work is recognized, appreciated and rewarded, please apply for this position.
How to Apply
Please fill out the job application form below. You will need to upload your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Alternatively, you can drop your resume off at our office located at 1394 B Spruce Street, Campbell River, BC, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to (250) 287-9634.