Region: Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC
Wacor Holdings Ltd. is a heavy civil general contractor with over 30 years of experience in road building, civil works, underground utilities, demolition, landfill closure, site preparation, and remediation work. We are looking for experienced pipe layers to join our team. These positions are to start immediately and will be full time. Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with HDPE, PVC, C900, Steel, and Ductile Iron pipe and products.
Work conditions are repetitive and physically demanding.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficient use of instruments such as lasers, grade rods, and transit levels
- Ability to efficiently read civil, mechanical, electrical, structural, and architectural drawings from engineers
- Ability to lay out pipe routes by following written instructions or plans and coordinating layouts with supervisors
- Ability to locate existing pipes needing repair or replacement using magnetic or radio indicators
- Ability to work as a team with excavator operators for grades in trenches in preparation for laying pipe, manholes, catch basins, and conduit
- Install and repair sanitary, storm, and water lines, including, but not limited to the installation of fire hydrants, valves, thrust blocks, and other necessary adaptors. This includes aligning pipe to grade as per drawings and specifications.
- Hot tap and drill holes into existing main lines to introduce auxiliary line or devices.
- Monitor and place backfill around service lines and manholes
- Knowledge and adherence to Worksafe BC Trenching Guidelines
Wacor offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which will be commensurate with experience and education.
Wacor Holdings Ltd. has grown from a small family operation to one of the largest civil infrastructure contractors on Central Vancouver Island. Possessing a large fleet of trucks and equipment, the company has a diversified background in several construction markets. Wacor’s list of completed jobs includes roads and highways, mining, airport runway rehabilitation, infrastructure replacement, residential and commercial subdivision developments, and landfill closure projects. Wacor is currently implementing its growth strategy by hiring and investing in experienced leaders in the construction industry who share the same vision of safety, quality, and service. Wacor supports a collaborative team environment and values motivated individuals who take pride in their work. If you want to be part of an energetic, exciting team of professionals, and want to work in an environment where hard work is recognized, appreciated and rewarded, please apply for this position.
How to Apply
Please fill out the job application form below. You will need to upload your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Alternatively, you can drop your resume off at our office located at 1394 B Spruce Street, Campbell River, BC, email your resume to email@example.com, or fax it to (250) 287-9634.