Region: Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC
Wacor Holdings Ltd. is a heavy civil general contractor with over 30 years of experience in road building, civil works, underground utilities, demolition, landfill closure, site preparation, and remediation work. We are looking for experienced Equipment operators to join our team for full-time work located within 20 minutes of Campbell River. Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience operating various types of machinery.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently around other machinery and ground personnel
- Must be able to communicate well within a team environment
- Good understanding of construction principles and procedures
- Experience with general civil and utility installations in an urban context is essential
- Must be able to finish grade
- Must be able to bulk embankment and cut grade to within 25mm tolerance
- GPS knowledge an asset
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and survey layout an asset
- Experience running Loader, Excavator and Skid Steer
Wacor offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which will be commensurate with experience and education.
Wacor Holdings Ltd. has grown from a small family operation to one of the largest civil infrastructure contractors on Central Vancouver Island. Possessing a large fleet of trucks and equipment, the company has a diversified background in several construction markets. Wacor’s list of completed jobs includes roads and highways, mining, airport runway rehabilitation, infrastructure replacement, residential and commercial subdivision developments, and landfill closure projects. Wacor is currently implementing its growth strategy by hiring and investing in experienced leaders in the construction industry who share the same vision of safety, quality, and service. Wacor supports a collaborative team environment and values motivated individuals who take pride in their work. If you want to be part of an energetic, exciting team of professionals, and want to work in an environment where hard work is recognized, appreciated and rewarded, please apply for this position.
How to Apply
Please fill out the job application form below. You will need to upload your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Alternatively, you can drop your resume off at our office located at 1394 B Spruce Street, Campbell River, BC, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to (250) 287-9634.