Region: Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC
Wacor Holdings is a heavy civil general contractor with over 30 years of experience in road building, civil works, underground utilities, demolition, landfill closure, site preparation, and remediation work. We are currently seeking an experienced labourer for our civil construction crews.
As a labourer you will report to the Site Superintendent and work within a team environment. Our labourers are of vital importance in ensuring that the project proceeds in a timely fashion and that all interrelated functions mesh together.
Work requires a considerable amount of lifting, carrying, kneeling, and climbing. Thus a certain amount of dexterity and alertness is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- General knowledge of practices and methods applicable to heavy civil construction
- Ability to effectively communicate, problem solve, and maintain effective working relationships with team members, supervisors, customers, sub-contractors, equipment operators, property owners, and the general public
- Must be knowledgeable of the hazards and safety requirements of the job
- Ability to read civil construction drawings is an asset
- General knowledge of construction materials and their use
- Traffic control procedures is an asset
- First aid training is an asset
- Specialized training – ie. Fall Protection, Confined Space is an asset
Wacor offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which will be commensurate with experience and education.
Wacor Holdings Ltd. has grown from a small family operation to one of the largest civil infrastructure contractors on Central Vancouver Island. Possessing a large fleet of trucks and equipment, the company has a diversified background in several construction markets. Wacor’s list of completed jobs includes roads and highways, mining, airport runway rehabilitation, infrastructure replacement, residential and commercial subdivision developments, and landfill closure projects. Wacor is currently implementing its growth strategy by hiring and investing in experienced leaders in the construction industry who share the same vision of safety, quality, and service. Wacor supports a collaborative team environment and values motivated individuals who take pride in their work. If you want to be part of an energetic, exciting team of professionals, and want to work in an environment where hard work is recognized, appreciated and rewarded, please apply for this position.
How to Apply
Please fill out the job application form below. You will need to upload your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Alternatively, you can drop your resume off at our office located at 1394 B Spruce Street, Campbell River, BC, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to (250) 287-9634.