Region: Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC
Wacor Holdings Ltd. is a heavy civil general contractor with over 25 years of experience in road building, civil works, underground utilities, demolition, landfill closure, site preparation, and remediation work. We are looking for a superintendent with 3 to 5 plus years’ experience in managing small to large projects. This position is to start immediately and will be full time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to effectively manage and monitor work activities of a crew of up to 20 to 25 employees
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, planning, and scheduling to ensure work complies with drawing, specifications, cost and schedule
- Provide technical direction to work crews as needed
- Ensure the project materials and workmanship meet the project Quality Standards
- Document and report all injuries (if job has no Safety Co-ordinator)
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences, or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts
- Perform additional assignments as directed by superiors as required for successful project completion
- Excellent public relations and organizational skills
- Promote and monitor compliance with project safety programs and environmental protection requirements in co-operation with the Health & Safety and Environmental Coordinators
- MS Project an asset.
Wacor offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which will be commensurate with experience and education.
Wacor Holdings Ltd. has grown from a small family operation to one of the largest civil infrastructure contractors on Central Vancouver Island. Possessing a large fleet of trucks and equipment, the company has a diversified background in several construction markets. Wacor’s list of completed jobs includes roads and highways, mining, airport runway rehabilitation, infrastructure replacement, residential and commercial subdivision developments, and landfill closure projects. Wacor is currently implementing its growth strategy by hiring and investing in experienced leaders in the construction industry who share the same vision of safety, quality, and service. Wacor supports a collaborative team environment and values motivated individuals who take pride in their work. If you want to be part of an energetic, exciting team of professionals, and want to work in an environment where hard work is recognized, appreciated and rewarded, please apply for this position.
How to Apply
Please fill out the job application form below. You will need to upload your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Alternatively, you can drop your resume off at our office located at 1394 B Spruce Street, Campbell River, BC, email your resume to email@example.com, or fax it to (250) 287-9634.