Region: Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC
Civil Project Coordinator
As a key member of the construction team, you will be part of a dynamic group of construction professionals taking small to midsized civil utilities and infrastructure projects from award to final completion. You will assist and support the Project Management and Construction teams with contract administrative deliverables, including contemplated change order responses, updated schedules, and up to date project cost reports. You will maintain excellent relations with subcontractors, suppliers, consultants, contract administrators, and clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize the submission of pre-construction and ongoing deliverables including all submittals and shop drawings.
- Manage and track Requests for Information (RFI) and report responses back to the construction team.
- Manage the Change Order and Contemplated Change Order process. Assist with the cost estimating of Contemplated Change Orders.
- Assist with updating project schedules.
- Assist with the coordination of material deliveries, and subcontractor scheduling.
- Manage and track project cost information and generate up to date project cost reports.
- Assist with the application and coordination of all required construction permits.
- Prepare and distribute accurate and detailed site coordination meeting minutes in a timely manner.
- Ensure all One Call information is up to date throughout the project.
- Maintain positive relationships with all project stakeholders including consultants, contract administrators and the construction team.
- Coordinate the project close-out deliverables including As-Built and red line drawings, Owner’s Manuals, and Product Warranty Information.
- Perform additional tasks, assignments and responsibilities as required.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Diploma in Engineering Technology or a combination of similar field experience and education
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Bid or Heavy Job would be an asset.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or related survey software would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar project support role.
- Well organized, fast learner and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand complex civil utilities and site drawings, interpret contract specifications, and understand construction contract documents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all types and sizes of underground utilities piping including water, wastewater and storm sewer systems
- Minimum of 3 years of project coordination experience.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Wacor offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which will be commensurate with experience and education.
Wacor Holdings Ltd. has grown from a small family operation to one of the largest civil infrastructure contractors on Central Vancouver Island. Possessing a large fleet of trucks and equipment, the company has a diversified background in several construction markets. Wacor’s list of completed jobs includes roads and highways, mining, airport runway rehabilitation, infrastructure replacement, residential and commercial subdivision developments, and landfill closure projects. Wacor is currently implementing its growth strategy by hiring and investing in experienced leaders in the construction industry who share the same vision of safety, quality, and service. Wacor supports a collaborative team environment and values motivated individuals who take pride in their work. If you want to be part of an energetic, exciting team of professionals, and want to work in an environment where hard work is recognized, appreciated and rewarded, please apply for this position.
How to Apply
Please fill out the job application form below. You will need to upload your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Alternatively, you can drop your resume off at our office located at 1394 B Spruce Street, Campbell River, BC, email your resume to email@example.com, or fax it to (250) 287-9634.