Region: Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC
Wacor Holdings Ltd is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the project team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- general clerical duties including photocopying, scan, and emailing
- maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- retrieve documents from filing system
- handle requests for information and data
- resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- prepare and maintain foreman reports
- prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, safety documentation.
- prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Maintain and file project site safety records
- Prepare and distribute progress billings
Education & Qualifications
Education and Experience
- High school degree
- Post Secondary certificate or diploma from an office management, project management or technical program is considered an asset
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office software
- knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Advanced Excel, Word, Adobe and/or Bluebeam required
- communication skills - written and verbal
- planning and organizing
- problem assessment and problem solving
- information gathering and information monitoring
- attention to detail and accuracy
- proactive forward thinker
- knowledge of civil construction
Wacor offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which will be commensurate with experience and education.
Wacor Holdings Ltd. has grown from a small family operation to one of the largest civil infrastructure contractors on Central Vancouver Island. Possessing a large fleet of trucks and equipment, the company has a diversified background in several construction markets. Wacor’s list of completed jobs includes roads and highways, mining, airport runway rehabilitation, infrastructure replacement, residential and commercial subdivision developments, and landfill closure projects. Wacor is currently implementing its growth strategy by hiring and investing in experienced leaders in the construction industry who share the same vision of safety, quality, and service. Wacor supports a collaborative team environment and values motivated individuals who take pride in their work. If you want to be part of an energetic, exciting team of professionals, and want to work in an environment where hard work is recognized, appreciated and rewarded, please apply for this position.
How to Apply
Please fill out the job application form below. You will need to upload your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Alternatively, you can drop your resume off at our office located at 1394 B Spruce Street, Campbell River, BC, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to (250) 287-9634.